24th September 2017
But indeed, it’s a well known cliché that some guys just like to talk—even with sexbot:
Now there’s a sex robot that will also tell you jokes (metro.co.uk).
“Yes, the robots are already so advanced that they are no longer solely used for sexual activity. Samantha, who is now on sale at two sex shops in the UK, has two different settings—one is a family mode where the robot tells facts and jokes, while the other is a little less family-friendly. ”
Indeed, but “family-friendly mode” on or not, I don’t think aunt Effie or visiting lil’ Johnny is gonna be convinced she’s just there to fold towels and iron while doing stand-up, celebrity impressions and:
“Vibez owner Tracey Whitmore said: ‘Samantha has different personalities and she has a family mode where she will be able to give facts about various things and talk about philosophy.’”
Specialising in Cartesian methodological scepticism and Enlightenment theories of animal automatism (Wikipedia) no doubt.
Indeed, so who might be looking to argue logical fallacies while doing her up the bum?
“It is on sale for £3,500 at Vibez Adult Boutique in Aylesford, Kent. … The people who buy these dolls are usually lonely people that are looking for companionship and something for a sexual purpose. She appeals to couples who might want to experiment but don’t want the jealousy element.”
But don’t worry, if such takes off a version who reads The Current Bun, supports UKIP, farts in bed and can debate which was the best Carry On film will be along when the price drops.
Updated 26th October 2017
And with them seemingly turning profitable robotic tricks for Dublin’s brothels:
“Evelyn Schwarz, 29, runs Bordoll in Dortmund, which is home to 11 silicon love dolls all with their own names. The 30kg dolls are imported from Asia and cost her £1,786 each. They all have different heights, hair colour and breast sizes.”
With indeed some made to look like Japanese anime characters, and good investment it does seem with chaps of “every age and profession” suggestively flocking from over Germany:
“Schwarz said: ‘From those on benefits to judges. Seventy percent of men also come back. For many it is not a fetish but more of a curiosity.’”
And, while working on a project for the S&M scene for those with much “curiosity” coined the name Bordoll, a portmanteau of the words “bordello” and “doll”.
Updated 27th June 2018
But would any sort of doll bordello be legal in the UK?
With Love Doll UK in Gateshead having apparently hit the headlines earlier in the year for having a “try before you buy” service.
The controversial business offered clients the opportunity to pay £100 to spend time with a plastic partner before deciding whether or not to spend £2,000 to buy one.
Yes, it’s somewhat understandable a worry that you may not have been the first to try who didn’t buy and that someone had been busy with water a cloth. But soon after the owner was visited by officers from the council and not because they wished to give one a go:
And at Gateshead Magistrates’ Court last week the company was convicted of ‘knowingly using their premises as a sex establishment without obtaining a licence’ and fined £10,000 with £600 costs.
Perhaps with some suspicion that the owner fully expected that most customers were indeed coming in to try rather than buy with it already being sex referred to as a “doll brothel” in the media not helping and the owner had indeed spoken to escort services about renting them his dolls but that they “are scared”. And on the topic of how many had tried with or without actual intention of buying the owner said that “70% of guys aren’t bothered that the dolls have been used before. The other 30% would never touch a used doll.”
Seemingly some very keen on having the doll at least all to them self after being “friended” in the old fashioned rather than the still not particularly interested in you F’book use of the term:
He also explained that men who find themselves in the “friendzone” sometimes bring him photographs of their crushes for him to model a doll on.
Indeed, is their one of you in somebodies closet, and don’t be thinking your perhaps the wrong gender to have to worry:
He has now started to stock a range of male dolls which come with either a six or seven inch penis.
- Robots will satisfy everyday sex needs in the future (Blog 20th December 2016)
- Meet the “cyborg” who wants to turn his penis into a vibrator (Latest picks 19th December 2016)
- Man builds Scarlett Johansson robot (Latest picks 4th April 2016)